5 Upper Body Exercises for Hockey Goalies
An Open Letter to Your Pecs & Pipes
I would like to sincerely apologize for neglecting you over the last few months. I hope you did not misunderstand and think that I was ignoring you on purpose or that I don’t value your contribution to keeping the puck out of the net.
Not only do you look good at the beach, you also are vital to every goalies’ success. You help maintain a stable shoulder girdle so they can make those great glove saves without having an anterior dislocation or rotator cuff tear.
I hope you will accept the following video as a token of my affection.
In this video you will see five of my favourite upper body exercises for goalies including:
- Contra Bungee (or Cable) Row – 3 sets of 8 each
- Bungee ‘W’ – go very light on this one – 3 sets of 8-10
- Kneeling Cable Lift – 3 sets of 6 each
- Bungee (or Cable) Pec Fly – 3 sets of 8 each
- DB Bent Over Row (no shrug) – 3 sets of 8-12